The faculty year 2005-2006 remains to be blissful for Sagada National High School. It remains to be an uphill battle and battle to have a school constructing, a Filipino trainer, and fundamental amenities like library, chairs, and laboratory. As of now SNHS still squats on a dilapidated bayanihan building and a makeshift constructing within the compound of the Sagada Central Elementary School. In spite of those limitations, the school continues to reap honors for its name and to make a difference. For this faculty year it asserted its robust presence in mathematical competitions.
Twice in a row, it represented the Division within the Regional MTAP Oral in the fourth year stage. It participated within the National Press Conference held in Kalibo, Aklan. It additionally shines in sports as nicely as in beauty contests. Aside from MPGCHS, Sagada National High School is one of only two SMART schools within the Division of Mt. Province.
Its software has already been permitted. A tie up with SMART means the implementation of the ICT curriculum one of many signature applications of the varsity.
SMART has already started offering for technical coaching for the college members. The inauguration of the college as a SMART college was moved from March to June. Through a raffle fund raising project, the varsity was able to purchase six laptop items. All in all it has 13 computer systems, together with 5, courtesy of Hon. Congressman Dominguez.
This final April the computer laboratory was set up. This is for the graduates to have summer season pc training before they enroll for college this coming college yr.
This humbling experience was made potential because of the dedication and commitment of the college members and the sturdy assist of the PTCA and other stake holders of the school.
Basic Performance Indicators:
1. Promotion Rate- 259/281 = 92.17%
2. Completion Rate- 67/89 = 75.28%
three. Graduation Rate- 67/69 = 97.10%
4. Retention Rate- 136/150 = 90.67%
5. Dropout Rate- 7/281 = 2.49%
6. Cohort Survival Rate- 69/89 = 77.53%
7. Repetition Rate- 3/295 = 1.02%
8. Gross Teacher Ratio= 281/9 = 1:31
9. Participation Rate- Data not available
10. Gross Enrollment Ratio- Data not complete
eleven. Transition Rate-Data not complete
We anticipated that the enrollment of SNHS dropped significantly due to the engaging facilities offered by St. Mary’s School. There was a massive recruitment by the alumni of Saint Mary’s. However, tentative enrollment posted by the college exhibits that SNHS posted a total of seventy one first yr college students whereas SMS has solely 32 first yr students. The desk under exhibits the precise enrollment:
Highlights of Accomplishment
1. Acquisition of six computer systems by way of a raffle fund raising- Through the initiative of the PTCA, the school members and the coed physique the they were capable of increase a considerable amount used to purchase six computer models.
2. Setting up of the Computer Laboratory- SNHS can’t afford to lose its students simply because it does not have a pc laboratory which is available at the Saint Mary’s School. Aside from the six computer systems which got here from the fund elevating, we were in a place to solicit different units and along with the computer systems given by Congressman Dominguez, we now have 13 items. With this we arrange the pc laboratory with the assistance of our Peace Corp volunteer Mr. Daniel Ziegler. Right now our graduates are having hands-on summer training in laptop utilization.
3. Tying-up with SMART- SNHS is a SMART college. SMART firm approved our application; therefore it’s going to help us by giving two computer systems, pc equipment like printers, net cameras, and scanner.Besides, they will assist us within the installation of the internet connection for the scholars and proper now two of our lecturers have been on technical coaching for this in Subic. Ultimately they will be with us in the planned implementation of the ICT curriculum.
4. Setting-up of our Website- It has been a 12 months since SNHS got here online. This is courtesy of Mr. Kent Sinkey, a retired laptop analyst from the University of Cincinnati who assisted us in the organising of our web site. A member of the PTCA based mostly in London is shouldering the value of the website for the varsity. Mr. Sinkey also educated two of our college students in website development.
5. Free Summer Training in Computer Usage- As requested by the PTCA, the graduates are having summer time training on computer utilization within the computer laboratory of the college. Daniel Ziegler our Peace Corp volunteer is helping us in computer instruction.
6. At the beginning of the 2005-2006 school 12 months the faculty donated money so the varsity could have an web connection to be able to do college research, have e-mail and preserve this digital yearbook. Josephine Buyagan was type sufficient to donate the money necessary for our area name and web site hosting.